Affiliate marketing is the best way to make money online with your blog. Earlier I have discussed the importance of the Affiliate marketing over other monetization techniques. In this tutorial, I am going to explain about Amazon affiliate program. At the end of this tutorial, you will learn
- What is Amazon?
- How to join Amazon Affiliate?
- How to Promote Amazon products on your blog?
- How to use Affiliate links?
- Where should you promote Amazon products?
- Some features of Amazon Affiliate
What is Amazon?
Amazon is the famous online shopping website where you can buy any products at reasonable price. Nowadays’s everyone prefers online shopping instead of going to the shop and buys products at high price. Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal are the largest online marketplace. So this is the right time to promote the product and earn money online.
How to join Amazon Affiliate?
There are two Amazon Affiliate programs available for Indian users of Amazon.in and for others amazon.com The signup procedure is very easy for both Amazon Associates Affiliate.
Once you click on the above links, you will get the login page. Here I am discussing amazon.com Affiliate program. If you want to target US audience, then I recommend you to join amazon.com affiliate program. The commission from this affiliate is also high. We will discuss the commission rate of Amazon affiliate later in this guide. So let’s start the signup procedure of Amazon affiliate.
If you have the Amazon account, then you can use it otherwise choose a new customer option to sign up to Amazon affiliate. Fill all the information and click on the create account. Now you are few steps to make money with Amazon affiliate.
Now, you need to fill the below information to complete signup the up process.
- You Address(Payee address)
- Your blog information on which you will promote Amazon product.
- Create a unique Amazon associate ID(Affiliate ID which will embed in your affiliate links)
- Accept the terms and conditions and enjoy unlimited earning with Amazon associate program.
Once you complete all the formalities, then you will get mail from Amazon about the completion of the signup process, and you can now access your Amazon associate account.
In the mail, if you observe they have explicitly mentioned that “if your affiliate links have not referred a sale after 180 days, your application and access to associates will be withdrawn.”
How to promote Amazon products on your blog?
This is a tough task in the Affiliate marketing process. Most of the blogger doesn’t understand the importance of the blog niche and the product which they are promoting. Here I will give you the example
Suppose you are writing about the iPhone, iPhone features or any other content about iPhone. In this case, I would highly recommend you to promote iPhone in this post. You can add as many affiliate links on iPhone. If the users search for the iPhone they are interested in buying the iPhone. This is the basic logic behind the Affiliate marketing.
Promote only that product for which you are writing on your blog. Also, I would recommend you to write the review of the product and link it to your Affiliate ID.
Before promoting any product make sure that the product is available on the market(In this case Amazon marketplace).
How to use cloak Amazon affiliate links?
Default affiliate links and too complicated to read. Sometimes users get scared to open that links. I would recommend you to use any Affiliate links Cloaker plugin which will make your links small and readable. It will redirect to the same URL which your original links redirect.
Here at Scrollbucks, I am using Easy Affiliate Links Plugin to make my Affiliate links shorts and Readable by all users. One advantage of using this plugin is all your affiliate links stored at one single place, and you can easily access it anywhere.
Also if you want to promote products on social networking sites readers quickly identify affiliate links. Instead, you can use the cloak affiliate links to make it readable.
Amazon associates commission rates
The commission rate for Amazon affiliate is new starting from 4% to 12% depending upon the products type. This charge also varies depending upon how many products get shipped in a month. Here is a snapshot for commission rate.
You will see the above table describing the commission rate, if the item shipped in a month is between 7-30 then you will get 6% commission rate instead of 4%.
Where to promote Amazon products?
- Write a review article about the product and add affiliate links.
- Share the articles or right products on the social media.
- You can use an advert to promote products.
- Send the Affiliate links using email marketing strategy.
Some facts about Amazon affiliate program
- No approval process, instant account activation.
- Three payment mode EFT, Check, Gift.
- Largest online marketplace, people trust Amazon.
- Maximum discount on products on special occasion.
- Generate any report from the dashboard.
I am using Amazon associate since last year, and I have excellent experience using it. One feature that I loved about Amazon affiliate is no approval process. Amazon Affiliate makes some bloggers millionaire (ProBlogger) Now you are the next person on this list.
I recommend you to join this program as its free, and you don’t need to take extra effort. If you have already used Amazon affiliate, then let our readers know about your experience.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to change WordPress login URL using WPS hide login? - June 30, 2018
- How to configure web push notifications for WordPress blog using OneSignal? - June 29, 2018
- How to transfer domain from GoDaddy to Google Domains [no downtime]? - March 25, 2018