Every Blogger has their own choice about blogging tools, plugins, themes, etc. But, if they are getting a result from it, then definitely they will use it.
In this article, I will tell you the essential blogging resources we are using for our blog. Of course, you could get many suggestions from others but use the one which will give you a result.
There are plenty of resources and tools available on the internet for blogging. Here I have sorted out only the required ones.
NOTE: We have tried many plugins, tools, and software and chosen the best, sorted out below.
- Blogger– This is a free blogging platform by Google. If you are a beginner and want to learn to blog, I recommend you start your blog with Blogger.
- WordPress.org- This is a self-hosted blogging platform. Almost 36% of websites are using this platform. You need to purchase web hosting to start the blog on this platform.
- Bluehost– WordPress itself recommends it. The hosting plan starts from $2.95/month. You will get all the unlimited resources for Bluehost.
- Hostgator- This is another option for Bluehost you can try. It offers the same features as Bluehost.
- Vultr – A very high-performance SSD VPS by Vultr. Currently, I am using Vultr for my blog. Vultr offers the VPS for $2.50/month so that anyone can afford it.
- Cloudways- I have used Cloudways for a year. This is a managed cloud hosting starting from $10/month. You can install multiple applications on the same server.
- GoDaddy- This is a very popular domain name registrar and web hosting company. You can buy the desired domain name from GoDaddy at the lowest price. You can purchase the domain name at the lowest price, starting from $1/year. Till now, I have bought five domain names from GoDaddy. Also
- Google has introduced the domain name for Indian users. The price is a bit more, but it’s worth it, you can try it.
- GeneratePress– This is the fastest WordPress theme available in the WordPress store. Currently, we are using GeneratePress for our blog.
- Astra- This is another best WordPress theme. If you want performance with speed, then you can go for it.
- Google Adsense- This is a popular blog monetization technique used by almost all bloggers. Here at Scrollbucks, our primary income source is from Google Adsense.
- Affiliate Marketing- This is the best way to make money from your blog. You would have to promote the other companies’ products on your blog, and if sales happened, you would get a commission.
- Google Analytics– It is a free tool by Google. You can monitor the website traffic.
- Google Search Console– You can watch the website performance in the Google search index. Also, you can monitor the clicks, search queries, and more features for free.
- MailChimp- Used to create a subscriber form, collecting the email address, and send bulk mail to all subscribers (free version allows you 20,000 emails per month).
- Aweber– This is the best email marketing service, and it offers 500 subscribers on the free plan.
Blog Images and Screenshots
- Canva– This is a free online image-creating tool. Here at Scrollbucks, we are using Canva for image creating.
- Awesome Screenshot Chrome plugin– To capture the snapshot of the blog post, I am using an awesome screenshot chrome plugin.
- Iconfinder– If you need icons, then Iconfinder is the most famous icon repository. You will get free icons of any category.
- Pexels– It will provide you the free stock images.
Hardware and software
- MacBook Air- This is the best laptop for blogging as it has 12 hours of battery backup.
- Grammarly– This is a free online grammar checker tool. You can use the chrome plugin for this tool to fast correction of grammatical mistakes.
- FileZilla- Everyone using a self-hosted WordPress blog need this software to manage their FTP files.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- Is Blogging Dead? My Thoughts On Blogging Future - September 1, 2021
- How To Import Lastpass Passwords To iCloud Keychain? - August 30, 2021
- Are you following your passion? - August 29, 2021