In this article, you will come to know the tools and resources that are required for starting the blog. Along with it, I am sharing the resources which I am using for my blog.
Before starting your blog, I recommend you to gather the knowledge of blogging resources. There are plenty of resources and tools available on the internet for blogging having same features/pricing.
Now, everyone would think, which tool is better for your blog?
As a beginner, it’s a very tough challenge to choose the right resource for the blog among the so many. Initially, everyone will get confused, but as the experience grows, you will come to know about blogging.
What are the requirements for starting a new blog?
Everyone is moving towards blogging doesn’t matter about the interest. I would recommend you, first decide your interest area, if you are interested in sport then start the sports blog. If you don’t have any interest in blogging then you are doing it because of money then definitely you will end up with the issue.
Find the right niche for your blog; if you are doing blogging for passion then excellent. After that, we need to take a look at tools, software, plugins required for starting the blog.
So, let’s starts with the basic understanding of the resources which I am using for this blog.
Note- I have tried many plugins, tools, and software and chosen the best which is mentioned below.
- Blogger– This is a free blogging platform by Google. If you want to learn to blog, then I would recommend you to start your blogging journey with Blogger. Learn to create a blog on blogger in 5 minutes.
- WordPress.com– This is also the free platform for bloggers. Unlike blogger, you will have to pay for each activity in wordpress.com so directly I would not suggest this blogging platform.
- WordPress.org– This is a self-hosted blogging platform which all professional bloggers use. Almost 20% of the websites hosted on this platform. If you want to make a career in blogging, then I highly recommend this platform. Initially, my blog was hosted on Blogger. Later on, I moved to self-hosted WordPress.
- Dreamhost– As a beginner, everyone wants a profit without investing anything. Same like others, I was also thinking to save some bucks. I got Dreamhost shared hosting just for $22. I have used the coupon code for a 97% discount on Dreamhost hosting. You can read my review and experience with Dreamhost shared web hosting. Later on, I have migrated my blog from Dreamhost to Bluehost shared hosting.
- Bluehost– The most popular WordPress hosting which is recommended by WordPress itself. Currently, I am using Bluehost shared hosting(Plus plan). Available in minimal price starting from $2.95/month. You can upgrade your hosting as per your requirements. You can read my review on Bluehost shared web hosting to get the basic idea of it.
- Vultr SSD VPS– A very high-performance SSD VPS by Vultr. Currently, I am using Vultr VPS for both blogs. In shared hosting, your blog speed will get slow, but in SSD VPS you will get more speed even you can check it by migrating your blog. Vultr offers the VPS from $2.50/month so that anyone can afford it. This is the best offer for any new bloggers.
- GoDaddy– This is a very popular domain name registrar and web hosting company. You can buy the desired domain name from GoDaddy at the lowest price. You can purchase the domain name at the lowest price, starting from $1/year. Till now, I have bought five domain name from GoDaddy. Also
- BigRock– India’s no one domain name registrar and web hosting company. Domain name starting price is $1/year.
- Namecheap– You can but the cheapest domain name from Namecheap.
- Google has introduced the domain name for Indian users. The price is a bit more but it’s worth, you can try it.
- Genesis Framework: The popular website building framework. Genesis provides the secure and searches engine optimized framework for the WordPress blog.
- MyThemeShop– A favorite online theme store where you will get thousands of WordPress theme at the lowest price.
- GeneratePress– This is the fastest WordPress theme available in WordPress store.
- Google Adsense- This is a popular blog monetization techniques used by almost all bloggers. Here at Scrollbucks, our primary income source is from Google Adsense.
- Bluehost Affiliate– Affiliate marketing is the second income source. Here we are using Bluehost shared WordPress hosting. I have excellent experience with Bluehost, so I thought it would be better to start the Bluehost affiliate program. You can read my review on Bluehost shared WordPress hosting.
- Dreamhost Affiliate– This is the second affiliate program which we are using. Earlier I said that I had used Dreamhost hosting for a year. So I joined their affiliate program. I earned my first blogging income from the Dreamhost affiliate. You can read my review on Dreamhost affiliate program.
Blog Statistic and Analysis
- Google Analytics– A popular Google product for website traffic analysis. It’s a free tool available on the market. You can sign up for Google Analytics and enjoy using this tool.
- Google search console– This is another popular Google product where we can manage all the Google indexing task. Also, we can submit our website sitemap here. We can track the clicks, search query, and more features for free.
- Bing Webmaster tool– This is Microsoft product, offered free sitemap submit to Bing search engine. I would recommend you to submit a sitemap to Bing also.
- Alexa- This is an Amazon company that offers some new tools for tracking website. You can track your site traffic with Alexa, but it’s paid tool, so most people go for Google Analytics. Alexa rank is the traffic rank, which will define the strength of your site. It’s free to see the Alexa rank of any internet site.
- MailChimp- Used to create a subscriber form, collecting the email address and send a bulk mail to all subscribers (free version allow you 20,000 emails per month).
Tools for Productivity
- MacBook Air– This is the best laptop for blogging as it has 12 hours of battery backup.
- Canva- This is a free online image creating tool. Here at Scrollbucks, we are using Canva for image creating.
- Grammarly- This is a free online grammar checker tool. You can use the chrome plugin for this tool to fast correction of the grammatical mistake. You can read my review of Grammarly free grammar checker tool.
- FileZilla- Everyone using self-hosted WordPress blog need this software to manage their FTP files.
- OneNote- To note down the rough blog post ideas, any other essential notes I am using OneNote.
- Evernote- This is advanced software for saving essential notes. Available freely in the market.
- Awesome Screenshot Chrome plugin- To capture the snapshot of the blog post I am using awesome screenshot chrome plugin.
Above all, resources are sufficient for starting your blog. You will get lots of tools and blogging resources on the internet, but only a few are necessary and worthy.
If you want to make a career in blogging, then try to blog on self-hosted WordPress.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How To Track File Downloads in WordPress Site? - November 3, 2019
- How to configure the WP Mail SMTP plugin with Amazon SES? - October 20, 2019
- How to Log Your Emails in WordPress using WP Mail SMTP? - October 18, 2019