WhatsApp Messenger Features
- Everyone having smartphone uses WhatsApp, and you will see every friend of you active on WhatsApp.
- No advertisements in WhatsApp (more ads will irritate users)
- Very fast for sending messages.
- WhatsApp is entirely free of cost.
- You can create multiple admins for a single group and add up to 256 friends in the group.
- As Facebook owns WhatsApp we are waiting for new updates which contain all your Facebook friends available on WhatsApp later(this is not available features, but I just mentioned here because it will be useful to have it), you will chat Facebook friends on WhatsApp.
- You can use WhatsApp on your PC also by using WhatsApp web(by scanning QR code). WhatsApp is available for download; you can install it and chat with your friends from the laptop.
- Newly added features WhatsApp calling is best at no cost. Voice clarity is pure, clean.
- You can archive your chat for future use.
- You can be starred in your best messages for future reading.
- By using WhatsApp broadcast message feature, you can send a message to multiple friends by using a single click, which will save your time. You can create a many broadcast list for different use.
- You can send any document to the chat.
- After the success of WhatsApp web, WhatsApp launched the desktop application in 2016. Now we can talk from our laptop without touching mobile phone(we need an active internet connection on mobile).
- End-to-End encryption will secure all your messages and not shared with the third party.
- Now you can see the forward button for all images. You can forward pictures to multiple groups at a time.
- Most awaited feature Video Calling is active now on WhatsApp. We can now video call to our friends but make sure that you are using WiFi; otherwise, data charges may apply.
- WhatsApp Stories- This is a new feature which you have seen on Instagram. With this, you can share your stories with your friends. Every story is visible for 24 hours after that it will automatically get deleted.
- Right Swipe to reply-This is the latest feature introduced in quick reply to the message.
- Delete sent messages- Now, WhatsApp allows us to delete the sent messages so that recipient won’t see it. This feature is useful when someone sent a message by mistake.
- WhatsApp Stickers– Now, WhatsApp is supporting the stickers for all users.
- Payment– WhatsApp is supporting to pay money to any other WhatsApp users. You have to create a UPI ID for it.
- Advantage and Disadvantage of social networking sites
- How to secure your Facebook account?
- How to delete Facebook account permanently?
- All Facebook friends on WhatsApp for chatting.
- Green online mark when friends available.
Increase file sending size(Currently 16 MB only).
- Notification when friends change profile picture, status, etc.
- Permanent starred messages(When we clear history all starred messages deleted).
Note: Friends you can share your favorites features which you want in new WhatsApp updates, Do comment.
Hike Messenger Features
- As you know, that Hike allows a maximum 100 MB file size to send which is more than enough for users, other messengers like WhatsApp allow only 16 MB file size to forward.
- You can send all type of Document in hike messenger. Now WhatsApp has added this feature.
- The most exciting feature is that you will get the referral rewards of 20 INR each user. If you refer your friends for installing Hike, then you will get 20 INR credit. Minimum redemption amount is 50 INR.
- Hike support Themes you can change the theme exciting each conversation, to make our chat look beautiful. Few people addicted to themes for such people. Hike introduces this feature.
- Hike Stickers will reduce the typing effort, so more people use stickers to make chat interesting most important it’s funny to use stickers in conversation. To show our emotions, we use stickers and Hike has very nicely implemented this concept.
- You can send messages to offline users in the hike, and this is entirely free service which hike provides to its users. Offline chat first introduced by Hike, which is not present in other messengers in which you can send messages offline without internet connectivity. In WhatsApp, you can only send messages if your network is active. If you are offline message went to the queue and later once the network available it will send.
- You will get a notification when someone changes profile picture, update status, etc. which is not available in WhatsApp.
- You can hide each conversation with the help of hidden mode this feature is not available in WhatsApp.
- Stories on Hike– With this feature, you can express what you are doing today with the help of photos. The story which you shared is visible for 48hrs and then deleted from your account. You can also see the viewers of the story.
- Hike Camera- It’s effortless to share your funny pictures with Hike camera. Now you can add some emoji and stickers to your photos to make it more entertaining and attractive. Also, you can add active filters to your photos.
- Hike News- If you want to get daily news updates, then you can subscribe to the Hike news. You can activate news service by going to the Rewards/Extras section. You will see the new chat of News.
- Hike Daily-If you want a daily quote and interesting facts then you can subscribe to it. Hike daily will send you a daily quote and fun facts. You can subscribe to this service by going to the Rewards/Extras section.
(There might be new features added to both the applications, I am updating this post monthly)
WhatsApp Messenger is more popular. We will see more updates on futures days. Hike messenger is also better as its offline chat feature makes it unique. It doesn’t matter Hike vs. WhatsApp which you are using as all messenger offers same features apart from some unique features.
So friends, If I missed out something to mention here, then do comment, and our readers will come to know it.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to manage the blog if you have a full-time job? - March 9, 2019
- How to change WordPress login URL using WPS hide login plugin? - June 30, 2018
- How to configure web push notifications for WordPress blog using OneSignal? - June 29, 2018