When you lose your iPhone and panic about misusing the data present, don’t worry. Here is the solution. Now you can erase iPhone data remotely using iCloud.
If you want to erase your iPhone using iCloud, you have to know your Apple ID and Password. Without these credentials, you won’t erase the data.
This trick will 100% work as I have implemented it on my iPhone 4s. So let’s starts with the short but helpful tutorial.
Steps For Erasing iPhone
Step 1. First, log in to iCloud using your Apple ID and Password.
Step 2. After that, you will see the icons below. Click on the Find my iPhone to start locating your iPhone.
Step 3. Next, you will see all devices in the middle top of the page, click on that, and select your device that is your iPhone name.
Step 4. After clicking, you will see the three options Play sound, Lost mode, Erase iPhone
Step 5. Then click on the erase iPhone, your iPhone will start deleting all data immediately when it has a working internet connection.
You can follow below steps to secure your iPhone
- Use a strong password (Don’t include name, birth date, etc.).
- The latest iPhones have a Touch ID and FaceID Lock feature. You can use it along with the regular password.
- Always keep a backup of your data on iCloud.
- Don’t save all passwords in third-party apps. If you want to keep the password, use Keychain.
- When your iPhone is lost, immediately erase the iPhone by using this method to avoid misuse.
If you know of any other method to erase the iPhone, then let our readers know. If you like this short tutorial then, please share it with your friends.
You’ll also like
- How to manage Apple ID?
- How to choose a professional email address?
- How to log in to Gmail without a password?
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- My Crypto Trading Journey and Learnings - March 22, 2022
- Is Blogging Dead? My Thoughts On Blogging Future - September 1, 2021
- How To Import Lastpass Passwords To iCloud Keychain? - August 30, 2021