Are you an IT engineer? or Do you have a full-time job and still want to do blogging? or Do you have a blog?
You people might be confused about why I am asking these questions. As you know that this post is about the time management of the blog when you have a full-time job.
I am a Software engineer doing 9 to 6 job (more than that on most of the day). I am very passionate about blogging so I started a blog in late 2014. I want to continue both a full-time job and blogging.
You might be thinking about how I am managing my time between both these two activities (Blogging and Job).
It’s been quite difficult to manage a blog along with a full-time job.
Friends, let me tell you that this is my first post after half a year, do you want to know why?
For me, it’s being very difficult to look at both the things simultaneously. I am weak for managing the time for different things.
Today I got some time to at my blog from my busy schedule to write a post about the ‘Blog Schedule Management’.
Since last month I was super busy with my primary job and personal life, I did not get much time to write on my blog. I realized that it been too hard to manage a full-time job and blogging. You hardly get two days in a week for blogging if you are working in MNC company. In these two days (weekend) you have to do lots of personal work and blogging. That too depends on the priority of the work, means there might be the possibility of no blogging.
Here, I am going to tell you about time management if you have a full-time job and blog too.
Writing a post on the blog is not enough, there are other tasks also which need to be taken care of like-
- Writing the blog post– This is a primary task of any blogger. People want to write more content on their blog to get the attention of Google to drive more traffic but I would suggest that write a few quality posts but that should be unique. Always prefer quality over quantity.
- Updating old blog post- You should always update the old blog post to the latest content. It will definitely help you to improve the ranking also, readers will get the updated information. This is the best task you can do whenever you want.
- Keyword Research– This is quite a tricky part of blogging. You should give extra time for keywords research. Also, don’t research for keywords while writing a post, it will distract you. Search for the keywords before writing a post then you can easily use it.
- Blog promotion/Social media interaction– This is also required for all the bloggers. You should use social media for driving traffic and to reach more people in your blog niche.
- Email Marketing- This is also useful, nowadays everyone is trying to promote the services, products, blog through emails. Most professional people check daily email so you can add this activity in to do.
- Topic research- This is the first activity you should do before writing a post.
- Email and Comment checking- You have to check the emails and comments on a daily basis and reply to everyone to let them know you are active.
These are the top high priorities tasks that every blogger does according to their time. If you look at the above task carefully, you would notice only writing content activity can be done at home and also take much time.
Planning for any work is must if you want to increase productivity. You can plan all the above task on a particular day. I am not saying to follow the plan strictly, but at least you will get a good habit to work on the blog.
Here is how you can increase the productivity of you.
Install all the necessary apps in the mobile
If you have a smartphone, first install all the necessary apps required for blogging and monitoring the blog performance. I have installed the below apps on my mobile.
- Google Analytics– Check the blog traffic.
- Google AdSense– Track the AdSense performance.
- WordPress- You can draft the post if you get idea anywhere, anytime.
- PayPal- Track the blogging income if any.
- Fiverr- If you have any difficult task then you can ask an expert from all over the world on Fiverr.
- Google Keep- Save the notes.
- Feedly- To read the content from all popular blogs which you have subscribed.
- Outlook, Gmail– Check the emails
- Quora- To get the idea about what people are looking for so that you can write the solution of it.
There are many other blogging applications (I might be missed few), you can use these apps anywhere if you are sitting idle, traveling and watching TV, etc. You can track your blog performance easily anywhere.
Blogging while traveling
This is a very favorite thing of every blogger. Travel bloggers do like blogging while traveling so does others.
As this post is about blogging when you have a full-time job I would consider that you have a full-time job.
If you are going to office by bus, then its a good opportunity to utilize traveling time to blog promotion. Also, if possible you can write the content or update the existing one and draft the post. Later, on the weekend you can finalize that post and publish it.
Also, if you are going for a long ride and feeling bored then its right time to promote the blog.
It took much time to do all these tasks in a week. You must need powerful time management for this.
The title of this section is quite confusing. You would be the thing that, you have to work on the blog the whole day.
If you are doing your full-time job there might be possibilities that, you would get ideas anytime for writing on your blog. If yes, you have to note it down or draft it. Also, if you find something useful and want to share it with your readers, draft it or directly share it on social media.
It means you are blogging all the time, even though you are not doing it really.
As a blogger and having a full-time job makes your job schedule super busy. So, you should respect the time and your to-do list in your calendar. Plan your schedule for blogging and work accordingly. DO NOT MISS ANY TASK IN TO DO.
You can also install the various apps in a smartphone-like Wunderlist, Todoist, Trello, etc to manage your tasks.
Carry a notebook
This is an old fashion idea but still, some bloggers use it. Mostly everyone has a smartphone so they can note it on it.
According to me as a blogger you must have a notebook so whenever you get ideas about blogging you can note down, later you can implement it on your blog.
Coming to the climax of this post, above all are my ideas to manage the time while you have a full-time job. If you have any in your mind lets share it with our readers.
- How to start a free blog on Blogger?
- My first blogging income from Dreamhost affiliate program
- 5 lessons I learned from three years of blogging journey
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to manage the blog if you have full time job? - March 9, 2019
- How to change WordPress login URL using WPS hide login? - June 30, 2018
- How to configure web push notifications for WordPress blog using OneSignal? - June 29, 2018