Have you ever seen that people try to place their orders and sometimes without completing it, they left the page?
Sometimes readers subscribe to the newsletter but forget to confirm the email address. Why does this happen? There could be any reason.
I have sorted out a few reasons behind this-
- People might get another good offer for the same product.
- Due to connectivity issues, they got to disconnect and could not complete the order.
- People are not sure about the purchase of the product.
- Some people think that they will come back soon and order it again.
- If the online form is time-consuming, then people will frustrate and abandon the process entirely.
- Irritating popups ads.
In all the above cases, there are possibilities that they will never come back again to complete the order.
In that case, its the responsibility of the author to remind the users about their abandons order.
- How To Create A Signature Form In 3 Simple Steps?
- How To Fix Email Issues in WordPress With WP Mail SMTP Pro Plugin?
If you are a WordPress user then you don’t need to worry about the user data because WPForms has introduced the Form Abandonment addon by using which we can save the incomplete entries of orders and easily take the follow up with the end-users.
If you take the follow up about the last incomplete order then there are possibilities that the user will complete the order and ultimately the leads will go on increasing.
In this tutorial, I will explain how to enable the Form Abandonment addon in WPForms.
Step 1: Install the WPForms WordPress plugin and activate it.
Step 2: You can create different types of form using WPForms like an order form, donation form, contact form, etc.
Let’s start creating a simple form and learn how to enable form abandonment addon.
Step 3: Go to WPForms >>Add new >> Newsletter Signup Form (for demo purpose I am using the newsletter, you can have any forms you want).
Now, you can add any form fields as per your requirements. You just have to drag and drop the left-hand side fields.
There are three types of fields available in WPForms Standard, Fancy and Payment.
The standard fields which I am showing above are for free users. Fancy and Payment fields are only available for paid users.
Step 4: Once you are done with the creation of forms, its time to activate the form abandonment.
Go to the Setting of the same form and click on Form Abandonment.
You have to click on the ‘Enable form abandonment to lead capture’ there are few other options available like
- Save only if an email address or phone number is provided
- Always save abandonment entries
- Prevent duplicate abandon entries
You can select as per your requirement and save the form.
Step 5: We can embed this newsletter form(in your case it could be other) anywhere in pages/posts. You will get the shortcode by clicking on Embed.
You can copy the above shortcode and paste it anywhere in the post/pages you want newsletter form.
Also, you can add form directly from the content editor. Click on the Add Block(+) and search for WPForms. Choose the desired form from the dropdown menu.
Step 6: Check the abandoned form entries.
You can check all the abandoned form entries in the WPForms dashboard. Go to WPForms>>Entries
Step 7: The primary intention of this plugin to notify the users about their abandoned orders. WPForms Form Abandonment addon make this simple for you.
If you want the notification when the form is abandoned, to do so in the notification section of the form you have to click on the ‘Enable for abandoned forms entries’
By doing this, when someone left before complete their order then you will get a notification for the same. You can encourage the user to complete their order by emailing them.
In this way, you can enable the Form Abandonment addon of WPForms and increase your leads.
If you like this post then share it with your friends and if I miss anything about the Form Abandonment addon then let me know I will correct it accordingly.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to Skyrocket Email Marketing With Sendinblue and WPForms? - February 17, 2021
- How to Boost Your Conversions with Mobile Exit-Intent On OptinMonster? - February 11, 2021
- 2021: New Year Resolution For Professional Bloggers - February 7, 2021