Do you want to start a blog freely? That’s an excellent idea to express yourself with your blog with free of cost. Yes, that’s true. Now you can create your blog without investing a single buck.
Google offers you to create a free blog with one of the most popular Google tool called ‘Blogger.’ Every blogger has used this platform for creating a blog. As a beginner, we don’t have any idea about blogging, so everyone chooses the blogger as this is easy to use and understand.
Before starting, I want to tell you some intentions/reasons behind that blogging
- Passion- More people do blogging because they love to write; they love to express their feeling to the world.
- To help peoples- Some bloggers are very kind, they do blogging because they want to help other people. They write the tutorials on their blog, listen to the queries of the readers and write the solutions, etc
- Money- This is also the primary intention behind blogging; most of the blogger choose to blog for money. Here is the best way to earn money through blogging.
- Pasttime- Blogging is the best pastime for everyone.
In this post, I am going to tell you about to create your blog with blogger[free]. So, let starts your blogging journey here
Note- In this post, I am only explaining about the Blogger platform.
To create a blog on the blogger platform, you need to have the Google account. I recommend you to create a new separate account for your blog don’t mix it with your personal account.
For example,- I have created a new Google account for my blog([email protected]), you can create it for your blog.
Before proceeding, login to your newly created Google account.
Open the Blogger and click on the ‘Create your blog.’
Once you click on that, you will ask for the login detail, if not create a new account there itself.
You will get a screen of creating a new blog. Enter all the information of your blog name and choose a proper blog URL; this will be your final URL. Most of the URL is not available, so pick a unique URL.
As it is a free blog, the blogger will append blogspot.com at the suffix. If you don’t want this URL, you can buy your custom domain name from the third party sites like GoDaddy and map it here. Assigning the Godaddy domain name to blogger blog is straightforward.
Right now, forget it about the custom domain name, we are going to create it for free.
So finally my blog URL is amitkharbade.blogspot.com (depending on your country, domain name extensions will vary so don’t worry about it).
Now, the free blog has been created, what next?
The next task is to choose the right theme for your blog. Blogger itself provides you with a few default themes, and you can use it; otherwise, there are thousands of free theme available on the various sites, you can search it and use it.
Here, I am telling you about the default theme.
Go to the themes and choose any theme which you like
Once you selected the right theme, it’s time to organise that theme. You can do it in the layout section. Refer the below screenshot.
In the layout section, you can add/remove the widgets to your theme.
The next is to update the blog information and name visible to the search engine.
- In the Post, comments and sharing section you can set the number of post on the home page, comment related information and the Google plus to blogger connectivity. In this setting, you need to update the number of post on the home page as per your requirement by default it is set to seven.
- In the other setting, you can delete, import, backup and set the Google Analytics property.
Unlike WordPress, the blogger default setting will work fine. We don’t need to update it.
Now, all done. Whats next?
- Setup a Google Analytics for your blog to analyse the blog traffic and performance.
- Setup a Google search console for your blog to submit the sitemap and other SEO related activity.
Below are few tutorials on the blogger blog, do read it
- How to create a custom robot.txt file for blogger blog?
- How to make a backup of blogger blog?
- WordPress vs Blogger, which one is best for blogging?
Once, you have configured all the tools and setting for your blog, and it’s time to write a post and attract more visitors. To get more traffic, you need to implement some SEO techniques for your blog.
I have written an excellent post about how to write an SEO friendly post to attract targeted readers do check this and implement it in your blog.
If you like this post, then share it and if you face any problem then let me know.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to manage the blog if you have a full-time job? - March 9, 2019
- How to change WordPress login URL using WPS hide login plugin? - June 30, 2018
- How to configure web push notifications for WordPress blog using OneSignal? - June 29, 2018