A sitemap is a directory of all URL’s present on your blog. The sitemap helps search engine to crawl all the web pages present in your blog. If you want to tell the search engine about all web pages present on your blog, then you must submit a sitemap to search engine so that it will crawl all URL.
The sitemap allows the search engine to index all your web pages. It will take a few days to index all the URL of your blog. You can submit a sitemap by using Google Search Console.
If you don’t have Google Search Console installed for your website then refer this guide- Google Search Console setup
For BlogSpot blog, before submitting the sitemap, you have to update the robot.txt file.
To update the robot.txt file login to BlogSpot dashboard. Navigate to Setting-> Search Preferences
Update the robot.txt as per the above code. Replace yourdomainanme with your actual domain name. Save changes.
Now, open the Google search console and navigate to Sitemap and paste your sitemap URL (mentioned in the robot.txt file). Submit it. Refer below screenshot.
That’s it, now your blog’s URL’s will start indexing and you can track the performance in search console.
Click on the sitemap. You will get all detailed information about the URL.
- How to install Google Analytics in BlogSpot blog?
- How to install Google Analytics in WordPress using MonsterInsights plugin?
- Google Search Console Setup
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- Things you should know before starting a blog - September 8, 2019
- How to Accept Payments with WPForms using Stripe Addon? - September 1, 2019
- How to set up a Google Analytics Stats Dashboard on WordPress? - August 18, 2019