What’s up? How are you?
Last time I shared my future target about Scrollbucks that, you might have read one checklist about web hosting, Bluehost. I had planned to move my blog to Bluehost. Here I have successfully migrated my blog from DreamHost to Bluehost on 20 August 2016.
You might be thinking about why I have migrated my WordPress blog from DreamHost to Bluehost. I will share this also later in this post before that I want to share my one-year blogging experience with you.
One year of blogging experience
I have started a self-hosted WordPress blog on 27 August 2015(before that, I have a blogger blog). I was new to WordPress still I purchased DreamHost web hosting (coupon code SB97 to get 97% discount) to learn about WordPress.
Immediately I bought the Genesis framework to get started the journey. It took me 4-5 days to set up all the framework. I have written 105 posts in last year.
What new things I have learned in one year?
- Seriously speaking, I didn’t have any idea about WordPress, but in last year I have learned almost everything about self-hosted WordPress.
- Use of WordPress plugins.
- How to manage/configure FTP files with FileZilla.
- Learned all basics of Google keyword planner, keyword research, Google analytics, search console, etc.
- The importance of backlinks.
- Basics of SEO.
- Understanding of CPanel.
- Customization of Genesis framework.
And more thing which I am not going to sort out here. One thing I would like to focus here is the previous hosting experience. DreamHost is the best hosting which I had experienced last year. Key features of DreamHost web hosting.
- Excellent technical support, if you have stuck in something they will solve it immediately.
- I haven’t seen my blog down for a single minute.
- The first-year price is very low, 23$ with coupon SB97.
- Clean interface anyone will understand.
Now you think that why I left DreamHost even if it’s better. The primary reason is that pricing, from the second year you will charge 120$ per year. The second reason is I want to experience different types of hosting and their performance.
Read this also
- WordPress users roles and permission
- WordPress vs Blogger: Which is better for blogging?
- Best web hosting plans for self-hosted WordPress blog
Now, coming to Bluehost, I don’t have much experience with Bluehost, but one thing user interface of the CPanel is excellent. You will lot of functionality inbuilt even file manager. I will share my Bluehost experience for three months.
What issues faced while transferring hosting to Bluehost?
Before starting the migration, I had read some articles about how to migrate a WordPress blog from one hosting to another. By reading it, I just got a basic idea about migration. Only three things you have to do while migrating blog
- SQL database
- WP-content folder
- Backup of your WordPress blog (use WP-clone plugin)
While I am importing a backup of SQL, then I had faced one issue like query timeout, which is not resolved until the end. The second problem was the same for SQL-like database tables is already present. I have searched for both errors but didn’t get anything.
Second, I have to keep my WordPress backup by using the WP-Clone plugin on Dropbox but when I have started importing this backup it was throwing an exception.
Finally, I have decided to move on to Fiverr. I got one team who have migrated all my blog within 10 hrs. Here I want to share some features of Bluehost which makes me use it.
Features of Bluehost
- Excellent technical support on call or chat
- Very cheapest web hosting starting at 3.45$/month, in offer period you will get this hosting just at 2.95$/month
- User-friendly CPanel.
- If you are not satisfied with the web hosting, then you will get a refund (30 days money back guarantee).
You can earn rewards by referring Bluehost to your readers through a Bluehost affiliate program.
So now I am triumphal that my blog is running on Bluehost which is recommended by WordPress itself.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- Scroll Depth Tracking Using Google Analytics by MonsterInsights - July 20, 2019
- How To Fix Email Issues in WordPress With WP Mail SMTP Pro Plugin? - July 20, 2019
- How To Create A Signature Form In 3 Simple Steps? - July 13, 2019