I have started my first WordPress blog on Dreamhost. After one year I have migrated my blog to Bluehost hosting on 20 August 2016.
In this article, I will share with you the reasons why I have migrated my WordPress blog from DreamHost to Bluehost before that I want to share my one-year blogging experience with Dreamhost.
Dreamhost One Year Experience
I have started a self-hosted WordPress blog on 27 August 2015 before that, I had a blogger blog. Later, I purchased DreamHost web hosting to start my blogging career.
Immediately I bought the Genesis framework for my blog. It took me 4-5 days to set up all the frameworks and settings.
All things I have shared in my blogging journey. Here are the few things which I learned in first year of blogging.
- I didn’t have any idea about WordPress, but last year I have learned almost everything about WordPress.
- Use of WordPress plugins.
- How to manage/configure FTP files with FileZilla.
- Learned all basics of Google Keyword Planner, Keyword Research, Google Analytics, Google Search Console.
- The importance of backlinks.
- Basics of SEO.
- Understanding of CPanel.
- Customization of Genesis framework.
DreamHost is the best hosting which I had experienced last year. Key features of DreamHost web hosting.
- Excellent technical support, if you have stuck in something they will solve it immediately.
- I haven’t seen my blog down for a single minute.
- The first-year price is very low, 23$.
- Clean interface anyone will understand.
Why did I move to Bluehost?
Why I left DreamHost even if it’s better?
The reason why I started my first WordPress blog on Dreamhost is MONEY. and MONEY is the same reason why I left Dreamhost.
When I purchased Dreamhost hosting, I got a 97% discount, finally, I got hosting just for $23 for a year.
When the hosting expired, the renewal pricing of Dreamhost was $120 per year for the same plan so I decided to migrate the blog to Bluehost.
Read this also
- WordPress users roles and permission
- WordPress vs Blogger: Which is better for blogging?
- Best web hosting plans for self-hosted WordPress blog
Now, coming to Bluehost, I don’t have much experience with Bluehost, but one thing user interface of the CPanel is excellent. You will lot of functionality inbuilt even file manager. I will share my Bluehost experience for three months.
I am a very huge fan of Bluehost hosting, it is recommended by WordPress itself. For beginners, it’s a great choice to start a blog on Bluehost. Here are some exciting features which I liked about Bluehost.
- Excellent technical support on call or chat
- Very cheapest web hosting starting at 3.45$/month, in offer period you will get this hosting just at 2.95$/month
- User-friendly CPanel.
- If you are not satisfied with the web hosting, then you will get a refund (30 days money-back guarantee).
I have written my reviews on Bluehost Hosting, you can read it.
Blog Migration Issues
Before starting the migration, I had read some articles about how to migrate a WordPress blog from one hosting to another. I got a basic idea of migration. Only three things you have to do while migrating the blog.
- SQL database
- WP-content folder
- Backup of your WordPress blog
While I am importing a backup of SQL, then I was getting query timeout error, which was not resolved till the end.
I kept my blog backup by using the WP-Clone plugin on Dropbox but when I have started importing this backup it was throwing an exception.
Finally, I have decided to choose a Fiverr option. If you don’t know about Fiverr, then it’s a site where you can post a job for professional and they will work on it. You will get your job done at $5 only.
I have placed the gig on Fiverr for one professional team and they migrated my blog within 10 hrs.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How To Track Enhanced eCommerce in Restricted Content Pro and GiveWP? - March 27, 2021
- How to Use Smart Tags for Dynamic Text Replacement in OptinMonster? - March 20, 2021
- How to Easily Use Lead Source Tracking in Google Analytics? - March 15, 2021