Microsoft, Google, Dropbox offers the best free cloud storage to its users where you can store all your valuable data, documents, photo, etc. and access it from anywhere from any device. Every organisation tries to offer the best services to its users.
Here I am going to tell you the features of the three best cloud storage OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and how they are different from each other.
So, let’s start with the short introduction of cloud storage.
Cloud storage is a logical space provided by hosting company where you can store your data securely and access it from anywhere. It depends on the hosting company that how much free space it offers. If you want extra more space, then you can buy it or take on the lease (upgrade to premium). Cloud storage is the most secure place where you can store valuable data.
Advantages of cloud storage
We are storing photos, essential documents, files, etc. on the cloud storage, is it secure? The answer is big, yes. You have to take precautions like make a secure password to cloud storage account and don’t disclose your cloud password to other folks. I keep some relevant documents which I frequently need in the cloud.
Here I found some advantages of storing data in the cloud
- You can access the document from anywhere on any device.
- You can securely store valuable data, photos, document, etc.
- Almost all organisations allow 5GB of free storage to its users.
- No, any other setup required.
Few companies offer free cloud storage like Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, etc. but which is better or which organisation fulfils your requirement.
On what basis, you select the cloud service? Here are some points which I have sorted out which will help you to choose the best cloud storage services.
- How much storage cloud company offers, and what’s the pricing?
- File synchronisation speed(uploading)
- Accessibility of cloud
- Availability Mobile Application
- Security and encryption of your data.
- Which platform does that service support?
Let’s explain all the above features in more detail; also. I will share my personal experience here.
Storage is the first requirement which everyone wants to know before using any cloud storage service. People want more space so that they can store more data securely.
Microsoft’s OneDrive offers you 5GB storage of data. The limit of this data storage capacity was 15GB in the past, but now Microsoft announces that they will allow only 5GB OneDrive storage.
Google Drive offers you 15GB of online storage where you can store any data and access it from any device. This 15GB cloud storage includes all the information present on the Google product for a single account.
Dropbox is the newly emerging cloud storage company offering 2GB of free space for the new users. Does Dropbox offer 2GB of free space along with referral space, now the question is that what is referral space?
This is an exciting, unique feature of Dropbox where you can refer Dropbox to friends and earn extra space up to 16GB for cloud storage. You will not see this feature in Google Drive and OneDrive.
Winner: Google Drive (15GB cloud storage)
If you are a business or heavy data users, then you may need more extra space then you need to upgrade your account to premium. For that, each company has different pricing plans. So, let’s take a look at the pricing of all cloud storage offering company.
Microsoft’s OneDrive plans divide into two categories personal and business. And hence the pricing is different for both. For the personal use, you can start with the free plan up to 5GB and later on you can increase it to 50GB for $1.99/month.
For the business, Onedrive has only three plans starting with $60/year/user for 1TB storage.
Google Drive Plans
As earlier, I said Google drive offers 15GB of cloud storage, which is more than Microsoft OneDrive. Google drive space includes all the Google products like Gmail, Photos, Google Drive, Blogger, etc
Dropbox is more expensive than Onedrive and Google Drive as its pricing starts from $9.99/month for 1TB plans.
Winner- Google drives (15GB free space and $1.99$/month for 100GB)
Most of the users use the mobile application to take advantage of any service. Nowadays you can do any activities on a mobile application which you can do with the website. If you consider both Google Drive and OneDrive, you will get a mobile app for each platform. Mobile app for any service is used by the user to access data offline, access it anytime, anywhere.
All cloud storage applications are useful. You can upload, download, view documents from this application. So, in this comparison, there is a tie.
- Cloud storage is an online data storage place where you can store your data and access it from anywhere.
- Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox offers free cloud storage.
- Google Drive offers 15GB, OneDrive 5GB, Dropbox 2GB free space.
- Referring rewards up to 16GB available only in Dropbox.
- Recently Microsoft reduces cloud storage space for OneDrive from 15GB to 5GB
- All cloud storage services have its applications for all platforms.
- You can share the file online in all cloud storage.
From the above comparison, we can easily conclude that Google Drive is the best cloud storage, but similarly, Dropbox is newly emerging cloud storage, which is overtaking Google drive.
As per my experience and the user’s review all around the world, Dropbox is the best free cloud storage which is available in the market.
You would also like to read
- How to save your Facebook account from HACKERS?
- How to hide Facebook friends list from others?
- How to share the blog post in all Facebook groups in the single click?
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- Scroll Depth Tracking Using Google Analytics by MonsterInsights - July 20, 2019
- How To Fix Email Issues in WordPress With WP Mail SMTP Pro Plugin? - July 20, 2019
- How To Create A Signature Form In 3 Simple Steps? - July 13, 2019