Microsoft, Google, Dropbox offers the best free cloud storage to its users where you can store all your valuable data, documents, photo, etc. and access it from anywhere from any device. Every organization tries to offer the best services to its users.
Here I am going to tell you the features of the three best cloud storage OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and how they are different from each other.
So, let’s start with the short introduction of cloud storage.
Cloud storage is a logical space provided by hosting company where you can store your data securely and access it from anywhere. It depends on the hosting company that how much free space it offers. If you want extra space, then you can buy it or take on the lease (upgrade to premium). Cloud storage is the most secure place where you can store personal data.
We are storing photos, essential documents, files, etc. on the cloud storage, is it secure? The answer is big, YES. You have to take precautions like make a secure password to the cloud storage account.
Here are the advantages of cloud storage
- You can access the data from anywhere on any device.
- You can securely store valuable data, photos, documents, etc.
- Almost all companies allow 5 GB of free storage to its users.
- No, any other setup required.
Few companies offer free cloud storage like Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, etc.
On what factors, you should select the cloud service? Here are some points which I have sorted out which will help you to choose the best cloud storage services.
- How much storage cloud company offers, and what’s the pricing?
- File synchronization speed(uploading)
- Accessibility of cloud
- Availability Mobile Application
- Security and encryption of your data.
- Which platform does that service support?
Let’s explain all the above features in more detail; also. I will share my personal experience.
If we search for the cloud storage we first check the free space offered by it. Storage is the first requirement that everyone wants to know before using any cloud storage service. Users want more space so that they can store more data securely.
Microsoft’s OneDrive offers you 5 GB free storage of data. The limit of this data storage capacity was 15 GB in the past, but now Microsoft announces that they will allow only 5 GB OneDrive storage.
Google Drive offers you 15 GB of free online storage where you can store any data and access it from any device. This 15 GB cloud storage includes all the data present on the Google product for a single account.
Dropbox is the newly emerging cloud storage company offering 2 GB of free space for the new users. Dropbox offers 2 GB of free space along with referral space, now the question is that what is referral space?
This is an exciting, unique feature of Dropbox where you can refer Dropbox to friends and earn extra space up to 16 GB for cloud storage. This feature is not available in Google Drive and Onedrive.
Winner: Google Drive (15 GB cloud storage)
If you are a business or heavy data user, then you may need more extra space then you need to upgrade your account to premium. For that, each company has different pricing plans. So, let’s take a look at the pricing of all cloud storage offerings company.
Microsoft’s OneDrive plans divide into two categories personal and business. And hence the pricing is different for both. For personal use, you can start with the free plan up to 5GB, and later on, you can increase it to 50GB for $1.99/month.
For the business, Onedrive has only three plans starting with $60/year/user for 1TB storage.
Google Drive Plans
As earlier, I said Google drive offers 15GB of cloud storage, which is more than Microsoft OneDrive. Google drive space includes all the Google products like Gmail, Photos, Google Drive, Blogger, etc
Dropbox is more expensive than Onedrive and Google Drive as its pricing starts from $9.99/month for 1TB plans.
Winner- Google drives (15GB free space and $1.99$/month for 100GB)
Nowadays, everyone has a smartphone, and people prefer to use smartphones over laptop/desktop. You can do many activities on a mobile application which you can do on the laptop.
By looking at this Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, has launched the mobile app for each platform. Users can download the application and uses it to upload/download data from cloud storage. A mobile app for any service is used by the user to access data offline, access it anytime, anywhere.
- Cloud storage is an online data storage place where you can store your data and access it from anywhere.
- Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox offers free cloud storage.
- Google Drive offers 15GB, OneDrive 5GB, Dropbox 2GB free space.
- Referring rewards up to 16GB available only in Dropbox.
- Recently Microsoft reduces cloud storage space for OneDrive from 15 GB to 5 GB
- All cloud storage services have their applications for all platforms.
- You can share the file online in all cloud storage.
From the above comparison, we can easily conclude that Google Drive is the best cloud storage, but similarly, Dropbox is newly emerging cloud storage, which is overtaking Google drive.
As per my experience and the user’s review all around the world, Dropbox is the best free cloud storage that is available in the market.
You would also like to read
- How to save your Facebook account from HACKERS?
- How to share the blog post in all Facebook groups in the single click?
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How To Create an Engaging Multi-Page Form in WordPress? - July 12, 2020
- Interview With Jitendra Vaswani From BloggersIdeas - June 7, 2020
- What did I learn From My Three Failed Blogs? - June 7, 2020