Blogging is a rapidly growing industry. According to sources there are around 40% of websites powered by WordPress. Some people start a blog for earning money, others are passionate about blogging.
What do you need to start your own blog?
- Buy a domain name
- Choose a profitable blog niche
- Choose a web hosting
- Install WordPress
- Make money from blogging
In this article, I will tell you how we can start a blog on GreenGeeks web hosting.
Buy Domain Name
If you want to start your own blog then the first step is to buy a domain name. You can buy a domain from any registrar. You will get a domain just for $7-$8 per year. I would suggest you can go for GoDaddy, Google Domain, BigRock for buying a domain.
If you are not getting any domain name idea then you can use the domain name generator tools to get unique ideas. Below are the useful tutorials about the domain names.
Choose Blog Niche
Once you purchased the domain name, it’s time to decide your blog niche. We can not write what we want there are some factors we should consider.
I would recommend you start a blog on topics in which you are interested. Recently, I have published one article where I discussed how we can choose a blog niche. Below are some tips to choose the blog niche.
There is no rocket science for choosing the blog niche but let me ask you a few questions and when you answer it you will get your blog niche.
- Which pages, groups you liked or followed most on social media?
- When you open YouTube, then what types of videos you watch?
- On what topics do you want to have a discussion?
If you answer all the above questions, you will get one common category. You can also call it your interest area. You can take that topic and start writing about it.
If you are starting your blog for earning money, then you would have to consider another factor while choosing a blog niche which is a profitable niche.
Now, what is profitable niche?
The niche, in which you will get many products and services for promoting on your blogs like blogging niche.
In the blogging niche, you can promote web hosting, domain registrar, and other website-related stuff which I think most profitable.
So, now you can consider the niche where you are interested and profitable also. I will not go in-depth, because this is a very vast topic to discuss.
Choose Web Hosting
This is a very crucial stage while starting your blog. The blog performance depends on the web hosting.
The GreenGeeks web hosting is best if you are a beginner or you are a professional blogger. Now, you might be thinking that why GreenGeeks?
GreenGeeks offers different types of hosting packages WordPress, WooCommerce, VPS, and Reseller hosting.
If you are a beginner and want to start a blog then you can go for WordPress hosting. If you want a dedicated server then you can opt for VPS. For this tutorial, I will explain the WordPress hosting plans.
The GeenGeeks offer three different WordPress hosting plans Lite, Pro, Premium.
- Lite– If you want to start only one blog then you can go for this option, but this is not recommended plan by me. The Lite plan starts from $2.49/month and you can host only one website on it. For this plan, you will get limited resources like email account, storage, etc.
- Pro– This is recommended plan starting from $4.95. You will get unlimited resources and you can host an unlimited website on it.
- Premium– If you are a business and want to start a big website then you can go for this plan.
You can check out the pricing and features for each plans in below screenshot.
Once you purchased the web hosting, its time to setup your account.
The first step is to set up a domain name, if you have purchased from another registrar then you can use it otherwise you can purchase it from the GreenGeeks setup screen as well(refer below screenshot).
The next step is to fill the details about you.
Once you finish the details, you will redirected to the GreenGeeks dashboard.
From the GreenGeeks dashboard, you will get few options, if you are new then you can click on Start New Website.
You can select your choice of app to be installed on your hosting. For this tutorial, we are going to install WordPress.
On the next screen, you will have to choose the theme for your website, you can later change it.
Now, click on next and setup is complete.
Install WordPress (Video)
GreenGeeks allows us one-click installation for WordPress. You can refer to the below video tutorial.
GreenGeeks is a great choice for beginners, you will get web hosting at the very cheapest price. You will get excellent support, unlimited SSD storage, an advanced dashboard, etc.
That’s it. Your website is up and running on GreenGeeks. If you have any issue with your website then you can connect with the GreenGeeks support team, you will get real-time responses from the team.
If you like the above article then share it with your friends who want to start a blog. Here are a few handpicked articles, which might help you after you started your blog.
- How much does it cost to start a self-hosted WordPress blog?
- Should You Delete Or Update Old Blog Posts?
- How to make money from blogging?
- What Did I Learn From My Three Failed Blogs?
- Things You Should Know Before Starting Blog
- How To Manage Blog If You Have a Full-Time Job?
- Blogging Lessons I Learned So Far
- Top 10 Skills You Need To Have To Become A Professional Blogger?
- Common Blogging Mistakes To Avoid [Pro Tips]
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to Boost Site Speed By Hosting gtag.js Locally? - July 26, 2021
- MonsterInsights: All In One SEO WordPress Plugin Integration - July 26, 2021
- How To Create Surveys and Polls Forms In WordPress? - June 13, 2021