Have you lost your mobile contacts, data photos etc?
It hurt a lot when you lose something and you don’t have a backup copy of that.
Backup is very important in any case. IF you are a blogger, you must have to keep the backup of your blog on daily basis.
Timely backup of your WordPress blog is necessary. In case if you lost all your data, you can restore it from backup.
There are few best WordPress plugins available to timely backup of your whole blog.
I am using UpdraftsPlus for my blog. There are few reasons why I am using this plugin.
- UpdraftPlus is the free WordPress backup plugin. It means you can backup your WordPress blog to remote storage automatically without any cost.
- UpdraftPlus allows you to automatically and manual backup of WordPress blog.
- A number of remote storage options available like DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive etc.
In this tutorial, I am going to tell you the complete setup of UpdraftPlus and how you can restore it from backup.
First, install the UpdraftPlus WordPress plugin from the store.
To open the UpdraftPlus dashboard, go to Setting> UpdraftPlus Backups or else you can easily see the UpdraftPlus option at the top menu of WordPress dashboard.
To schedule the Backup, go to the Setting tab. Here you have to choose the proper setting(refer below snapshot)
You can set the backup daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly depending on your requirement. I have kept it a daily for security.
Now, where our blog data will get saved and what data will be saved?
Updraftplus offer you a various remote storage option to save your backups on the clouds. You can see the various popular cloud storage like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox etc.
I have chosen the Google Drive to keep my WordPress blog backups, because Google Drive offers 15 GB of free storage, so you can easily keep the backup of one month.
If you are going with other cloud storage then make sure that it has sufficient storage.
Once you select the cloud storage, you will need to give the permission to UpdraftPlus to access your cloud account.
Don’t worry, UpdraftPlus will only save all backup data to your account in the specified path.
Once done click on the save.
Now, UpdraftPlus will daily save all your blog data to cloud storage.
- WP-Smush the best image optimization WordPress plugin
- WP-Sweep and WP-Optimize WordPress plugins to optimize the database.
- WordPress notification bar WordPress plugin setup
You can also check the official Video of UpdraftPlus to backup WordPress blog.
If you lose any data, or if you think that something is wrong in your blog then any time you can restore the UpdraftPlus backup.
It is a very simple and quickest process to restore the UpdraftPlus backup. Only go to the existing backup tabs where you will get the last backups. You can select the latest backup and restore it. All set, your blog again go live which was previously.
This is the only reason why I choose the updraftplus.
Also, all the above features are free if you want to upgrade it to the premium version you can because you will be satisfied with the free version.
Updraftplus premium and gold will offer you more features than the free version. Here I have sorted out some important features
- Cloning and Migration- If you want to change the domain name but keep the data as it is then you can do it with updraftplus. Only clone your site and move it to the new domain name.
- Get rid of the ads in the premium version.
- You will get technical support from the developer whenever you need.
- Automatically update the WordPress blog before the update of plugin, theme, etc.
- Backup all the files along with the WordPress files.
- In premium, you can set the exact time to backup and retain the backup.
- You can lock the updraftplus with the password and choose whoever can access it.
- If you find any bug, then you can immediately report it.
- You can restore the backup from any other WordPress backup plugins.
- You will get a 1GB of updraft vault where you can store the WordPress data. For gold users, you will get 50GB of the free space.
Updraftplus Premium Pricing
You will get the updraftplus premium version at $70-$145 depending upon the how many sites you are using
- If you are using a premium plugin for two sites, then it’s for $70
- If you are using it for up to 10 WordPress blog, then it’s for $90
- For the developer, it will be at $145
There are other backup plugins available in the WordPress store, out of which I tried backupbuddy and updraftplus. I find updraftplus is good and easy to use and restore.
If you are using any other WordPress plugin for backup of WordPress blog, then let our readers know.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to manage the blog if you have full time job? - March 9, 2019
- How to change WordPress login URL using WPS hide login? - June 30, 2018
- How to configure web push notifications for WordPress blog using OneSignal? - June 29, 2018