I have been blogging since 2013, during this period I had started a few blogs but some of these get success and I had to quit a few blogs. Recently, I have shared my blogging journey in which I mentioned my blogging failure.
In this article, I will write about my blogging failure and what I learned from my failed blogs.
So far, I have purchased the below domain names.
In 2013, when I came to know that I can start a blog for free on blogger, I was very excited to buy a domain name. Every domain name was looking good for me because that was the first time I was searching for domain names.
Finally, I decided to purchase the domain name. I have purchased the MyTechnologyService[dot]com domain name from GoDaddy in 2013. I didn’t have much knowledge about blogging but still I wanted to start a blog.
I had started my blog on Blogger with this domain name. I didn’t have money to go for WordPress so I continued with Blogger.
After a few months, I realized that for a long-running blog we should have a unique and simple domain name. Also, the domain name should be short and easy to remember. As my domain name doesn’t have any meaning I decided to quit my blog.
The only reason why I quit this blog was the domain name. After this experience, I have written an article about domain name guidelines for beginners.
- Don’t make a hurry while purchasing the domain name.
- Be unique and simple.
- Don’t copy others while choosing domain names.
- The domain name will be your identity, choose it wisely.
I have written around 150 articles on ScrollBucks about blogging and technology. I decided to move all technology-related articles to another domain name to make a single niche blog.
In 2019, I got an idea about etricks[dot]org and I checked for the domain availability. Fortunately, it was present on GoDaddy and I purchased it.
I started moving all my blog posts to etricks and also I was creating the images for the new blog with its domain name on it. This took around a month to migrate all blog posts and preparing the images.
I was unable to manage the two blogs at the same time since I have a fulltime job as a software engineer.
I hardly get time to look into my blog and in this situation, I started the second blog which I hadn’t looked since started.
After a few months, I decided to quit the blog and again I moved all the blog posts to original blog scrollbucks.
- For the newbie blogger, I would suggest that never start a second blog unless your first one is successful and getting enough traffic.
- When you are writing the articles think about the topic and write only about it. Don’t make your blog multi-niche.
- Before starting a blog check all the possibilities about your time and all other personal stuff.
NOTE- Never start the second blog unless your first one is successful.
As I was interested in Bollywood, I decided to start an entertainment blog. I searched the domain name and I got this one. My main target audience was India so I decided to go for in domain name.
I started writing the Bollywood news, movie reviews, and photos and I was getting decent traffic but no income from Adsense.
I started my Facebook and Instagram page for BollywoodPlanet and I was getting a huge response because Bollywood is popular in India.
When I started this blog I had already ScrollBucks running and I don’t want to quit the ScrollBucks since this was my favorite blog.
In 2019, I hardly get time to look into my blog also I was paying for both blogs for hosting and other expenses. I had taken the decision to quit the Bollywood blog and decided will not start the second blog again.
- Again I will recommend you don’t start the second blog unless your first one is successful.
- Choose a profitable niche.
Right now, I just have one blog ScrollBucks and I don’t want to start the second one because I hardly get time to work on one blog.
Currently, I have three domain names.
Things You Need To Know Before Starting a Blog
- Find a profitable niche in which you are interested and write only about it.
- Search for the domain name, remember it will be your identity so choose it wisely. You can use the domain name generator tools, its free.
- Choose a proper web hosting, you can go for VPS, its cheap and has excellent performance.
- Try to write content that is not easily available on the internet so Google will be proud to show your content on the first page.
- You can purchase the premium theme, domain for your blog because nothing is free in this world.
- Write content thoroughly, make it interesting, and engaging.
- Guest post is just for backlinks, don’t accept the guest post.
I have tried a lot of experiences on my blogs, I started a new one, shut down a few blogs. I like to do experiences on my blogs. During this, I learned new things.
A goal without a plan is just a wish.
If you want to start a blog then do it with passionately. A person learns from their mistakes, if you are not doing any mistakes then you are not learning new things.
Also, I saw many bloggers just rehash the original content and write it on their blog. If you want to be a serious blogger then avoid copying others.
If you have made any mistake in your blogging journey, please let our readers know. Do comment your thoughts on it.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How To Set Up hCaptcha : A Free And Privacy-focused Alternative? - January 23, 2021
- How I earned ₹56000 By Working Only 30 minutes Everyday [With Proof]? - December 27, 2020
- How To Easily Set Up Form Conversion Tracking in Google Analytics? - December 19, 2020