I have been blogging since 2013. During this period, I had started a few blogs, but some of these get successful, and I had to quit a few blogs. Recently, I have shared my blogging journey in which I mentioned my blogging failure.
This article will write about my blogging failure and what I learned from my failed blogs.
So far, I have purchased the below domain names.
In 2013, when I came to know that I can start a blog for free on Blogger, I was very excited to buy a domain name. Every domain name was looking good because that was the first time I was searching for domain names.
Finally, I decided to purchase the domain name. I have purchased the MyTechnologyService[dot]com domain name from GoDaddy in 2013. I didn’t have much knowledge about blogging, but I still wanted to start a blog.
I had started my blog on Blogger with this domain name. But, unfortunately, I didn’t have money to go for WordPress, so I continued with Blogger.
After a few months, I realized that we should have a unique and simple domain name for a long-running blog. Also, the domain name should be short and easy to remember. As my domain name doesn’t have any meaning, I decided to quit my blog.
The only reason why I quit this blog was the domain name. After this experience, I have written an article about domain name guidelines for beginners.
- Don’t make a hurry while purchasing the domain name.
- Be unique and simple.
- Don’t copy others while choosing domain names.
- The domain name will be your identity. Choose it wisely.
I have written around 150 articles on ScrollBucks about blogging and technology. I decided to move all technology-related articles to another domain name to make a single niche blog.
In 2019, I got an idea about etricks[dot]org, and I checked for the domain availability. Fortunately, it was present on GoDaddy, and I purchased it.
I started moving all my blog posts to etricks, and also I was creating the images for the new blog with its domain name on it. This took around a month to migrate all blog posts and preparing the images.
I was unable to manage the two blogs simultaneously since I have a full-time job as a software engineer.
I hardly get time to look into my blog, and in this situation, I started the second blog, which I hadn’t looked at since it started.
After a few months, I decided to quit the blog, and again I moved all the blog posts to the original blog ScrollBucks.
- I would suggest that you never start a second blog for the newbie blogger unless your first one is successful and getting enough traffic.
- When you are writing the articles, think about the topic and write only about it. Don’t make your blog multi-niche.
- Before starting a blog, check all the possibilities about your time and all other personal stuff.
NOTE- Never start the second blog unless your first one is successful.
As I was interested in Bollywood, I decided to start an entertainment blog. So I searched the domain name, and I got this one. My main target audience was India, so I decided to go for in domain name.
I started writing the Bollywood news, movie reviews, and photos, and I was getting decent traffic but no income from Adsense.
I started my Facebook and Instagram page for BollywoodPlanet, and I was getting a huge response because Bollywood is popular in India.
When I started this blog, I already had ScrollBucks running, and I don’t want to quit ScrollBucks since this was my favorite blog.
In 2019, I hardly got time to look into my blog. Also, I was paying for both blogs for hosting and other expenses. So I decided to quit the Bollywood blog and decided not to start the second blog again.
- Again I will recommend you don’t start the second blog unless your first one is successful.
- Choose a profitable niche.
Right now, I have one blog, ScrollBucks, and I don’t want to start the second one because I hardly get time to work on one blog.
Currently, I have three domain names.
Things You Need To Know Before Starting a Blog
- Find a profitable niche in which you are interested and write only about it.
- Search for the domain name. Remember, it will be your identity, so choose it wisely. You can use the domain name generator tools, its free.
- Choose proper web hosting, and you can go for VPS, its is cheap and has excellent performance.
- Try to write content that is not easily available on the internet, so Google will be proud to show your content on the first page.
- You can purchase the premium theme, domain for your blog because nothing is free in this world.
- Write content thoroughly, make it interesting, and engaging.
- Guest post is just for backlinks, don’t accept the guest post.
I have tried a lot of experiences on my blogs. I started a new one, shut down a few blogs. I like to do experiences on my blogs. During this, I learned new things.
A goal without a plan is just a wish.
If you want to start a blog, then do it passionately. A person learns from their mistakes. If you are not doing any mistakes, then you are not learning new things.
Also, I saw many bloggers rehash the original content and write it on their blog. If you want to be a serious blogger, then avoid copying others.
If you have made any mistakes in your blogging journey, please let our readers know. Also, do comment your thoughts on it.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- Is Blogging Dead? My Thoughts On Blogging Future - September 1, 2021
- How To Import Lastpass Passwords To iCloud Keychain? - August 30, 2021
- Are you following your passion? - August 29, 2021